Weird Website Facts1. Whitehouse.com used to be porn. Just about every student looking for info about the White House ended up getting an eyeful.
2. Mulletsgalore.com reached fame by profiling the "business in the front, party in the back" hairstyle.
3. Spammers can get sent to jail. Jeremy Jaynes, of Virginia was sentenced to 9 years in jail for sending millions of spam emails. The lesson for spammers - operate in third world countries.
4. Collegehumor.com makes millions of dollars every year. The site was started by college students writing about college life, boobs, and drinking.
5. YouTube.com, a video sharing site started in 2005 was sold to Google for $1.65 billion in stock, making the two 20-something owners instantly wealthy.
6. Pets.com raised $82.5 in an IPO in 2000, only to fail about 9 months later.
7. The domain name Vodka.com was sold for $3M in 2006.
8. Some jackass bought Mortage.com, a mispelling of mortgage for $242,000.
9. Craiglist.com is responsible for a large decrease in print classified ads.
10. Wikipedia.com, which can be edited by anyone anonymously, is overtaking encyclopedias as a source of fact.
More Random Chimp Stuff:
The Classic Clique Quiz - Which clique are you in?
The Boy Band Quiz - America's Greatest Natural Resource